Friday, October 24, 2008

Why art kits....

What are they,
what do you do with them?


This is a question that I get asked all the time..

In the last few months I have giving some thought to this question.





Gewgaws of inspiration I think would be a good description,
that invokes a STRONG desire to touch, explore
and envision some artwork yet to be created.
*Some of my kits are a place to store those saved bits that I just can't bring myself to use or that I have hidden away in a bag on a shelf.
 
*While putting these juxtapose kits together I am always in search of more treasures to add.
You know that little something extra for color and texture the
candy for the eye.. .. ..
*These kits are like love letter from a time gone by that tells a story of trinkets saved.
*Some are grown up version of a child's collection of things; you remember that box under your bed
of rocks and pine cone and your best friends secret notes....


10 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Whow Louise, this blog is the best kept secret of 2008. I love it! Will this one replace your other also very beautiful blog in due time?
I love these treasure boxes. It must be a pleasure to make them as well as to receive them, this is truly the art of giving! I have seen the fall issue of Somerset life, as I told you before, now I have to have this winter issue too of course. What a great start of 2009! May it be a happy and healthy year with your loved ones.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I agree, I really adore pulling kits together!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How incredibly beautiful!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see it for myself!
Happy New Year, Louise!
Becky

Adrienne said...

Congratulations Louise. These little art kits remind me of how I've always loved poking around in attics and basements for beautiful treasures.
Happy New Year!

rochambeau said...

Dear Louise,
Congratulations on having your wonderful kits featured in Somerset Life!! Bravo!

Happy New Year!!

& your new blog looks great!!

xox
Constance

Sandra Evertson said...

I LOVE these! Tiny and Wonderful!
Sandra Evertson

Lori said...

Louise, your kits are just gorgeous!!! i am fairly swooning over the one called "Emma's dream"...it is utterly beautiful!!! congrats on having them published!!!

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Louise I love your blog layout, very lovely and classy looking! Art kits are a great idea too and I am eager to see what you will share with us.

meandering pearl said...

those art kits are mesmerizing!!! what a dream!!!

Shopgirl said...

I hope you don't mind that i have been peeking at your lovely blog. I will return, you are so talented.
Mary...Idaho